Prana Das 200-Hour
What will you discover?
Prana Das 200-Hour Teacher Training
The 200-Hour Training is Appropriate For:
- Students who are seeking a thorough knowledge of the eight limbs of yoga, with an in-depth look at asana practice and theory and a comprehensive study of the Yamas, Niyamas, Asanas, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana and Samadhi.
- Those ready to become yoga teachers
- Certified teachers who want to approach a 500-Hour certification
- Healing practitioners who would like to add new healing modalities to their practices and work in depth with clients who have physical and physiological challenges.
- Yoga enthusiasts who want an authentic and immersive study of their yoga.
200-Hour Teacher Training Format and Schedule:
The 200-Hour Weekends Training meets one weekend per month from 1pm – 6pm on Saturday and Sunday. This format grants you flexibility in your schedule and opportunity to apply your learning experientially. We have also found that this is highly immersive, creating strong bonds and collaboration among trainees.
You may join the training at any time. You graduate once you have completed all eleven modules and all course requirements. We look forward to welcoming you to the group!
Upcoming Training Dates:
Key Modules of the Training Will Include:
- Intensive Anatomy Study
- Sequencing for Optimal Alignment
- Advanced Posture Practicum
- Finding Your Teaching Voice
- Ohming and Chanting
- Assists and Adjustments Practicum
- Teaching Yoga for Beginners
- Teaching Students with Injuries & Limitations
- The Chakras and Energy Healing
- How to create and sustain work for yourself
- How to conduct Private Sessions
- Buisness advice
- The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar
- The Ashtanga Yoga Practice Manual by David Swenson
- The Mirror of Yoga by Richard Freeman
- Yoga Mala by Sri K. Patthabi Jois
- Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by BKS Iyengar
- Key Muscles of Yoga by Ray Long MD
- Key Poses of Yoga by Ray Long MD
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Radical Simplicity by Jim Merkel
- Light on Yoga
- Light on Pranayama
- Bhagavad Gita
- Ashtanga Yoga Practice and Philosophy
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga (Coulter)
Your Teachers & Facilitators:
Derek & Nadia Hopkins
(Specially Trained in Injury Recovery & Prevention, Energetic & Consciousness Studies)
(Ayurveda & The History & Philosophy of Yoga, Mysore Practice)
(Exceptionally Trained Ashtanga Teacher, 4th Series Practitioner)
(Lived for three years in a Tibetan Buddhist Community studying meditation)
(Nutrition & Food as Medicine)
Dr. Martin Orimenko
(Naturopath & Intuitive Healer with over 25 Years Experience)
We will work with you to make sure you have the opportunity to complete your training and experience all of the course content. For example, you will have the opportunity to make up missed class hours in future Teacher Trainings. Depending on the dates missed, we will also work with you to schedule sessions to be made up at a later date. Please discuss any forseeable conflicts with us when you register so we can collaborate with you to make plans. Don’t let this be a deterrent!
Yes! Teacher Trainers can practice for free during their teacher training as well as two weeks before course start and two weeks after graduation. You are also required to take one workshop. We encourage you to practice with a variety of teachers so that you experience their styles and can ask any questions you may have. You are also welcome to observe classes.
Yes. We are a Yoga Alliance Certified school and this training is a certified RYS 200 program. Following graduation you will receive an official Yoga Alliance recognized certificate.
*Student, Senior and Veteran discounts do apply.
Completing the online application and a consultation with the Director is required. Please contact us at to get started at 610-896-YOGA or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any inquiries about the program.