Prana Das 200-Hour
July 9 – August 3, Summer 2018
Prana Das 200-Hour Teacher Training
The 200-Hour Training is Appropriate For:
- Students who are seeking a thorough knowledge of the eight limbs of yoga, with an in-depth look at asana practice and theory and a comprehensive study of yogic arts, healing modalities and traditions with powerful ability to transform lives.
- Those ready to become yoga teachers
- Certified teachers who want to approach a 500-Hour certification
- Healing practitioners who would like to add new healing modalities to their practices and work in depth with clients who have physical and physiological challenges.
- Yoga enthusiasts who want an authentic and immersive study of their yoga.
Schedule Training & Format:
July 9 – August 3
M-F, 8am – 4pm
Graduation with Families: Sunday, August 5th
The 200-Hour Accelerated Training meets on weekdays from 8am – 4pm with an hour break for lunch. This immersion enables those with an open summer schedule to complete the training and be eligible to begin teaching, or simply to add a new depth of practice to their experience.
This option is particularly convenient for educators, students, trainers, administrators in the education field and students looking to build or expand a college or post-collegiate resume.
What we can help you achieve:
A thorough knowledge of the breadth and impact of traditional yogic disciplines, a teaching confidence you never knew you had (even if you’re not planning to teach!) and a deeper relationship with your own practice.
- Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm
- 1 Hour Break for Lunch
- Daily Practice
- Daily Theory & Philosophy
- Integrated Learning
- Practice for free two weeks before and after your training
- Free Attendance at Workshops During Your Training
- Discounts for Students & Seniors
- Official RYS 200-Hour Certificate Upon Graduation
- Accelerated Program
- Deep Connections to your Peers
- Hands-On Learning
- Support Planning Your Path
- PDY Apprenticeship Program
- Support Connecting with Teaching Opportunities
- Reference Letters Available
- Option to Audit up to 20 hours of future trainings
Key Modules of the Training Will Include:
- Intensive Anatomy Study
- Sequencing for Optimal Alignment
- Advanced Posture Practicum
- Finding Your Teaching Voice
- Ohming and Chanting
- Assists and Adjustments Practicum
- Teaching Yoga for Beginners
- Teaching Students with Injuries & Limitations
- The Chakras and Energy Healing
- How to create and sustain work for yourself
- How to conduct Private Sessions
- Buisness advice
- The Heart of Yoga by TKV Desikachar
- The Mirror of Yoga by Richard Freeman
- Yoga Mala by Sri K. Patthabi Jois
- Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by BKS Iyengar
- Key Muscles of Yoga by Ray Long MD
- Key Poses of Yoga by Ray Long MD
- Radical Simplicity by Jim Merkel
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Light on Yoga
- Light on Pranayama
- Bhagavad Gita
- Ashtanga Yoga Practice and Philosophy
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga (Coulter)
Your Teachers & Facilitators:
Derek & Nadia Hopkins
(Specially Trained in Injury Recovery & Prevention, Energetic & Consciousness Studies)
(Exceptionally Trained Ashtanga Teacher, 4th Series Practitioner)
(Lived for three years in a Tibetan Buddhist Community studying meditation)
(Nutrition & Food as Medicine)
Specialist in MFR Therapy & Anatomy
We will work with you to make sure you have the opportunity to complete your training and experience all of the course content. For example, you will have the opportunity to make up missed class hours in future Teacher Trainings. Depending on the dates missed, we will also work with you to schedule sessions to be made up at a later date. Please discuss any forseeable conflicts with us when you register so we can collaborate with you to make plans. Don’t let this be a deterrent!
Yes! Teacher Trainers can practice for free during their teacher training as well as two weeks before course start and two weeks after graduation. You are also required to take one workshop. We encourage you to practice with a variety of teachers so that you experience their styles and can ask any questions you may have. You are also welcome to observe classes.
Yes. We are a Yoga Alliance Certified school and this training is a certified RYS 200 program. Following graduation you will receive an official Yoga Alliance recognized certificate.
*Student, Senior and Veteran discounts do apply.